- The Year of ‘Soft Power,’ superstar’s power drives massive orders of “Mango Sticky Rice, Roti Sai Mai, Khao Soi, Durian, Kanom Babin”
- “Som Tam” is the most-ordered menu on LINE MAN, with over 6.8 million serves
- LINE MAN Wrapped backtracks your eating moments of the year at: https://lineman.onelink.me/1N3T/xtcwv2ha
LINE MAN, Thailand’s leading on-demand platform, unveiled the “Fun Facts 2022”, announcing the food trends of over 10 million Thai users who placed orders from more than 700,000 eateries throughout the year.
The year of ‘Soft Power,’ superstar’s power drives massive online orders
A single word or image on social media from celebrities can ignite an overnight frenzy. Restaurants experienced a skyrocketed demand. This year’s winners of ‘Soft Power’-inspired menus are:
- Mango Sticky Rice – Sales topped 320,000 boxes in three months following Thai rapper Milli eating mango sticky rice on stage at a world-class music festival (April 17 – July 17, 2022).
- Roti Sai Mai (Roti with spun sugar filling) – After Lisa from BLACKPINK posted a video to Instagram Stories, sales tripled in one week (comparative data from June 15-21, 2022, to June 15–21 July 2022).
- Khao Soi (Northern Thai Noodle Curry Soup) – After TasteAtlas named it the world’s best soup dish, Khao Soi was sold over 316,000 bowls in three months (August 16 – November 16).
- Durian – When Jackson Wang stated that he enjoys eating durian sparked a Durian sensation with 41,000 portions of flesh being sold on LINE MAN MART in one month (July 21 – August 21, 2022).
- Khanom Babin – a sevenfold increase in sales from the previous year! Over 1,856,000 pieces of this coconut pikelets known as Kanom Babin were sold in the year (January 1 – November 15, 2022).
“Som Tam,” the bestselling of the year with over 6.8 million plates ordered.
Som Tam is the most-ordered dish of the year, with over 6.8 million plates delivered (January 1 – November 28, 2022), which is enough to serve every household in Thailand’s North-Eastern region. Som Tam Pu Plara, Som Tam Paa, and Som Tam Thai are the three most popular Som Tam menus, together with other Isaan dishes also ranked on Top 10 bestsellers this year.
Uncovering a list of most-ordered urgent items on LINE MAN MART.
With over 60,000 shops, and 20 minutes fast to deliver the goods, LINE MAN MART can serve users’ immediate demands. The top five most ordered goods are forgotten or urgently needed products, which include phone chargers, sanitary napkins, condoms, artificial tears, and pregnancy testing kits.
LINE MAN MESSENGER expresses deliveries all around Thailand.
LINE MAN’s messenger service, express delivery, document delivery, and invoicing service, has already expanded to 77 provinces across the country. Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Songkhla, Kanchanaburi, and Khon Kaen have the largest number of messenger users in each region. The top user of our messenger service used it as many as 6,142 times.
LINE MAN TAXI revealed Bangkok’s outskirts are among the most popular drop-off destinations.
Business district regions with offices and dense communities are among the most often requested taxi destinations. At the same time, residential areas such as Bang Phli District in Samut Prakan, Chatuchak District in Bangkok, and Muang District in Nonthaburi are the most popular drop-off destinations.
In addition to the Fun Facts 2022, LINE MAN has launched a new feature that allows you to go back in time and see what you ate in 2022. Over 10 million users will be able to revisit their most frequently ordered favorite foods or personal eating styles, as well as many of their best of the year. Browse through the new feature today at: https://lineman.onelink.me/1N3T/xtcwv2ha.